Sunday, November 11, 2007

I now pronounce you....

Okay, since everyone is talking (blogging) about how their children are going to "marry" others, I feel compelled to share the following story. My DD is confused, hence the conversation below (keep in mind she is 5):

DD: Mom, what do you do when you want to marry two boys.
Me: Well, I think you have awhile before you have to worry about that.
DD: I'm confused and don't know what to do.
Me: Just give it time, it will all work itself out in time.

A couple days later.

DD: I have made a decision.
Me: Concerning what?
DD: I don't think I'm going to marry anyone, I'm just going to be friends with them for right now.
Me: I think that sounds great.

I can't believe we are having this conversation at 5 years old. I wasn't expecting these conversations until at least 10 or 11.

5 comments:

Martha said...

Well, if Chet (aka Bill) can practice polygyny, L. can practice polyandry! What's wrong with two husbands? When you get fed up with one, you go annoy hubby two?
I barely can deal with one...but if she's up for the challenge, tell her go for it! :)

tz said...

oh my gosh, i think there's a reason polyandry hasn't taken off! There's no way I could deal with two...or heaven forbid...more.

cute story...lindsey such a sweetie!

Colleen O said...

Do we cover that in Daisies? "How to weed out superfluous boyfriends?"

Colleen O said...

So did you go away for the Holidays? Where are you AT?

Dodi said...

Hey Aimee - guess what time it is???

TIME TO UPDATE!