Friday, November 30, 2007

Okay, okay!

Yes, I am still here and dealing with a sick child and a snarky child - you guess which is which. Oh, alright I'll tell.

Andrew started with a slight cough on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Being the diligent mother I am, I sporadically gave him his inhaler (for those of you not in the know, he has asthma and allergies) since we had not had an issue this bad in the last 1 1/2 - 2 years. By Friday he was running a low grade fever and was lethargic, so I took him to the pediatrician. They refilled all his scripts and I started him on all his meds. He attempted school on Monday only to be exhausted after only 1/2 a day.

On Tuesday we went back to the doctor only to discover that he had a sinus infection and possibly pneumonia deep in his lungs. They started him on antibiotics and I am continuing his nebulizer three times a day, plus all his other asthma meds. Today was his first day back to school in a week and a half. He is much better now, he's even fighting with and yelling at his sister.

Speaking of which, I have been trying to get her to clean her room since Friday. Not normally an issue, however, I couldn't find the floor. Now, being five, I only ask that I can actually see said floor and that I can open and close her closet door. Since I am not the epitome of a neat freak (come look at my house on a normal day), I only need to be able to walk in the room. 7 full days later it is clean, at least clean for a five year old. The whole problem with this entire scenario is that it only took her 15 minutes of actual cleaning so that I could see the floor. Hence my frustration

To top all of this off, my husband has been home for the last two weeks. That, in and of itself, is enough to drive me crazy. Now, I love my husband, but two adults should not have to co-habitate for 24/7, especially since one of them (namely me) is an only child and likes their space.
Sorry for all the craziness, but you all wanted to hear it!!!

Thought for the day!!! (and my favorite)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup !

6 comments:

Martha said...

Yeah....she lives (but barely)! We love you and love to know that you are at least "hanging" in there. Tell the Little L. that since she's on a roll, Miss M. hasn't cleaned HER room in over a week (heck, make that my house) and she's more than welcome to come and help me shovel out the shack!

tz said...

bummer....when does hubby go back on the road?

we've all been fighting the crud on this side of the hood too....Jason who took the week off to work around the house has been in bed most of the time.

glad you blogged!

Aimee said...

Sorry about the venting, it's getting better, I started decorating for Christmas today. Yeah!! This really is my favorite time of year.

Martha said...

What? Since when did we start to allow each other to vent? That's not in the coven rules...at all times and in all places, we are to make like our lives our perfect, we love our children 24/7, our Hubbies are delightful even when underfoot and that without a doubt, our jobs are like sunshine and rainbows every stinkin' day!

You two, come on...knock it off...back to the Bree Vandekamp way of living (if you watch Des. Housewives!)

As for me, if you believe that, DON"T talk to my family...I've been in RARE form this weekend...we'll leave it at that...

Dodi said...

It's been a "bring me chocolate" week around here too!

"L" is more than welcome to come over and teach my little ones the finer points of room cleaning! I couldn't figure out why their room was so cold when I went to tuck them in the other night - - only to find a dress up hat covering the heating vent. (My excellent housekeeping skills live on!)

Sitting In Silence said...

Arghhhh Kids and there rooms !...I swear the wet towels in our family grow legs and walk from the bathroom into the kids rooms !

Grrrrr...

And as for Husbands ...lol well that's a whole different comment !!!

D x