Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Donuts Anyone?

While driving home from taking DD to school, I was reminded of the song "Slip Sliding Away" by Simon and Garfunkel that goes:

Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
You know the nearer your destination,
the more you slip sliding away.

As the temperature raises to a heat wave of 36°F, the snow pack on the roads is melting and re-freezing. I turned the corner and almost did a donut in the middle of the street and it reminded me of a conversation the family had a couple days ago.

We had decided that the children needed to get out of the house, so we went out to Sam's Club to look for something, anything. On the drive a conversation started between my husband and myself as the children were finally quiet and not arguing.

Me: (Talking to my husband) "Is there a reason we are taking the Jeep and not your car?"

DH: "Well, no reason in particular, unless you wanted to do some donuts."

DD: (From somewhere in the back of the car, and in her Mickey Mouse voice) "I'll take one with chocolate and sprinkles."

DS: "I want sprinkles on mine too."

Me: (While snickering) "Not THOSE kinds of donuts. We are talking about doing donuts in the car."

DD: "Yeah, well, I want mine with sprinkles."

My husband had to finish the explanation as I was laughing too hard to talk. Which he did a wonderful job of, I might add.
Not

As I've said before, all the funny things are said in the car, when I don't have anything to write on.

1 comment:

ganelle said...

We have a Saturday morning tradition of doughnuts, and because of Christmas plans, were unable to get the boys doughnuts until *GASP* the evening. I thought they were about to die. So my kids would totally get your kids on this one!