Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catching up....?

Since all of my fellow bloggers have already posted many times in the new year, I feel a little lacking in comparison.

This year started out great, however, Andrew had a recurrence of Strep Throat. He is now on his second round of antibiotics. He is not contagious and is feeling better, but what a way to start the new year.

Two more weeks until the kids track back on at school. I can hardly wait. I so look forward to having them off and at home. The mother in me thinks that we will have hearfelt conversations, snuggle on the sofa and watch movies (that we all love), the children will play together nicely and all will be well with the world. As I listen to them argue over ... (who knows what) ... I think all the way back to last night when they were sleeping and they looked so angelic. I wanted to wake them up and just hold them. It's amazing that a couple hours can seem like a lifetime ago.

While I am an only child, I do not understand the nick picking, the tormenting, the annoyance and the sheer terror of having a sibling. I actually look forward to having one of them to myself, because they are then the children I thought I would have.

Enough of the self pity!! Now that the holidays are behind us and the new year is ahead I have several thoughts for you (12 on the 12th):

~ The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're OK, then it's you." -Rita Mae Brown, writer and activist

~ Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

~ Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

~ Stress reducer; Put a bag on your head. Mark it "closed for remodeling". *Caution - leave air holes.

~ The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

~ God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will live forever.

~ Insanity is my only means of relaxation.

~ It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

~ Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

~ There cannot be a crisis this week; my schedule is already full.

~ "Cute as a button" Is that supposed to be a compliment? Since when are buttons cute?

~ Why are people so scared of mice, yet we all love Mickey Mouse?

3 comments:

tz said...

i know what you mean, the mom i want to be becomes someone else when the kids start bickering etc...sheesh...and then i become the mom my mother was...yikes, that's scary!

Martha said...

Yikes...sorry to hear that you've got a sickie and feuding siblings. Hang in there and ring us up if you need to run away from home for a bit!

ganelle said...

My boys are so off schedule that they can't hardly stand themselves, yet alone eachother!
Hey, how are you doing since our chat at scrapbooking? I've been thinking a lot about you...