Monday, April 28, 2008

Daughters of the American Revolution

I think most of you know that I am in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). DAR is defined by Wikipedia as: a lineage-based membership organization of women dedicated to promoting historic preservation, education, and patriotism. DAR chapters are involved in raising funds for local scholarships and educational awards, preserving historical properties and artifacts and promoting patriotism within their communities.

I have been in DAR 19 years and it is a great experience. Most of my experience has been being a Page. It's similar to a Page in Congress. We dress in white, so the ladies can find us easily, and we run errands, carry flags, and the like. We basically run our backsides off. But have fun doing it.

This weekend I was at our State Conference Saturday and Sunday. Here are some horrible pictures my mother took. Now I know why I hate white!



Yeah, that's me on the left.



No, no, that's me on the left here. I'm sorry, that was one of the CAR (Children of the American Revolution) girls. If only!!



Me and Mom



Some members from our chapter.

This is what I have been doing instead of putting our house back together after our new carpet. The procrastination is running rampant in our house, but it's coming together slowly.

3 comments:

tz said...

procastination is how I get things done!

Sitting In Silence said...

This was a really interesting post..

Love the photos, you all looked beautiful..

Unknown said...

Aimee, I had no idea you were involved in DAR. How cool!