Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Joys of New Carpet

We had a brilliant idea of getting carpet during track-off. Little did we know!

We looked and looked and had various problems with installers and the like. We then went with the company that put the carpet in our basement. They are very easy to deal with and we had a great guy help us.

As we were determining what we were going to carpet, my husband had the brilliant idea of doing the entire house. Now, any of you that have seen my house knows how much stuff (and I use the term loosely) we have. Imagine, eleven years in the same house, two cats, two dogs, and two kids later we have accumulated lots and lots of stuff. I cringed every time he said something like, "Since we're doing it, we may as well do the whole thing.". So I relented.

We also decided to get the house painted. We were in dire need and needed some color in our lives.

So with three weeks and much purging we have the house painted and are getting new carpet on Thursday. Of course, I don't have before pictures, but will post new ones when everything is put back in place.

These are the reasons I have been absent from the blogging scene.

7 comments:

ganelle said...

Yikes! Happy sorting!

Sitting In Silence said...

Wow...sounds great...

You will have to post some before and after photos...

X

tz said...

yeah, where are the photos?
I might have to pop over there and take a look...

Martha said...

OMG...I cannot even begin to imagine the work involved.

I'm thinking of replacing our basement carpet with something can tolerate the traffic a bit better but can't handle the thought of moving stuff out of that small area.

The entire house?
Will the Thomas marriage survive such a home improvement project? That is the real question at hand...

Colleen O said...

oh, that makes me want to paint! What's wrong with me?

Vern said...

I feel so validated that I'm not the only one distracted by home projects! Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.