Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Halloween in our part of the world was unseasonably warm. The kids normally have to wear coats, mittens, hats, etc., and no one could see their outfits. This year was great, no coats needed!!

DD "had" to decide between three costumes. The first was a wedding dress that DH deemed inappropriate. He thought it was unacceptable to dress as a bride. I tried to explain that every little girl does this, much to his dismay. Her second costume is the one pictured, a princess. It was meant to be a generic princess, but turned out to look a lot like Ariel. Her third was a witch, which she wore to dance, because of course, the others were too long for dance.
She wore the princess costume to school and for trick-or-treating.


DS's costume was also a chore. He started out as a "Clone Trooper" , but when he put it on, it was too small and VERY see through. I looked high and low for white sweatpants. Little did I know that white sweats are impossible to find in October, unless you need Women's larges.

After three days of searching everywhere, I gave up and I convinced him to change his mind. We opted for a Magician that he insisted was a Wizard. I tried to explain the difference, to no avail. So he ended up being a Wizard Magician, whatever that is!!

Both children had parties at school. The kids love this, they get to dress up, parade around the school, and eat.

I was in charge of DD's class and DH was in charge of DS's class, hence only having pictures of DD's class.

3 comments:

ganelle said...

Tell DH that many girls dress up as a bride. One year my sister was a bride and I was a princess. Our costumes quickly turned into PJs, and I still remember it all very fondly.

Sitting In Silence said...

They are great costumes...xox

Aimee said...

Ganelle - I argued with DH, but he isn't listening to me.

Dani - Thanks, it took a long time to get there.