Wednesday, October 17, 2007

ANOTHER trip?!?!?!

Okay, so I didn't WANT to go back to Ohio for the second time in two months, but there was a death in the family and we needed to go back. I, therefore, have had enough traveling to last awhile. The next trip better be to somewhere fun, with room service, free air conditioning and lots of food. I'm pushing for a Disney cruise, but we'll see.

The hubby's grandfather passed away on Tuesday last week, so the last week has been a whirlwind. Thankfully the children were off track. We had about a million things to do on Wednesday before we left on Thursday in order to be there for the "festivities" on Friday and Saturday. Husband came home from traveling on Wednesday night and we left on Thursday. Only about half a million things got completed. Oh what fun.

When we got there, the family was already in an uproar. Finally one time when I wasn't the reason. We got to see relatives, some I'd never met (and being around for 19 years, that's something), and the kids got to see lots of grown ups with no other children around. They braved it pretty well. I explained the whole "process" and what to expect. They did much better than I had anticipated. Lots of questions that kept me on my toes and entertained for the two days. Kids see things so differently than the rest of the world. They were interested and not freaked out at all (like their mother). I don't do well at viewings and funerals. Just never had a good experience at one. But I guess that is the deal with these things.

Anyway, we are home and have Belle back (she was a Camp Bow Wow while we were gone) and we are returning to our normal (ha) lives.

8 comments:

tz said...

oh so sorry to hear about hubby's granddad...big hug to hubby from us!!!!!

tz said...

by the way...are you the room mom? what do i bring for halloween?


hey you said you're getting back to normal!

Martha said...

Sheesh, TZ, give the girl a break...can't you see that she's grieving the loss of her grandpa-in-law? You have to go and bring up parties during this time of mourning? You really have some Nicki in you, don't you?

I"M TOTALLY TEASING TZ!!!

Seriously, AT, so sorry for BT's loss. Grandpas hold a special place of honor in my memory and those of my children...hoping your hubby has many special memories to hold on to of his Grandpa!

tz said...

i know i'm horrible!

Martha said...

No, TZ, you aren't horrible...you are a comment troll! You knew this would help get AT's comments back up in the double digits where they belong. giggle giggle..

Back to AT, did you get a chance to have some "lady of leisure" mornings this track off? With an unexpected family emergency...I hope you still had some time to soak in the slower pace of Track Off.

Aimee said...

Oh please, are you kidding?!?!? If it wasn't chaos around here, it wouldn't be normal. I have however gotten to sleep in a couple of mornings and have coffee a couple times with friends.

Aimee said...

By "coffee", I mean water and butterbraids.

Sitting In Silence said...

Sorry to hear about your husbands grandfather.
It's such a hard time.
D x