Saturday, May 31, 2008

2 Points of Order

First, as the women in my family have enjoyed reading my blog but rarely comment on it, I have been corrected concerning a couple prior blogs - see "Sloth vs. Bear" & "Sanity is a Distant Memory". I was reminded of the following occurrence concerning DD.

On Christmas Eve several years ago, we were at my parents house opening presents from aunts and uncles. My Aunt Colleen had sent the children several presents and the kids were overly excited about opening anything. This was at a time when my children had to announce, to no one in particular, what they received at the top of their lungs. DD had ripped into her present, pulled out a stuffed animal and the following conversation ensued.

DD - "It's a duck!!!"
Mom and Me (we often talk in unison) - "No, it's a penguin."
DD - "No, it's a duck.
M & M - "No, it's a penguin."

This is the point when we give up, because she was insistent that it was a duck, so.........

We have a lion that is a (stuffed) tiger
a sloth that is a (stuffed) bear,
a horse that is a (real) dog,
and a duck that is a (stuffed) penguin!

Do we see a pattern here?!?!?!?

Second - Gretta update with pictures.


Taken 5/18 - Look how long I am!!


Taken 5/31 - My legs are getting sooooo long.


I love my frog - I'm practicing for the Jack Russells that live behind me!


Who me?????

6 comments:

Martha said...

YEAH...she listened..

Yep, her legs may be long, but she's got the face of a lap dog...all cuddly and sweet, as if to say "You wouldn't dare turn me away, now would you?"

Colleen O said...

She is still beautiful!

tz said...

what a cutie...
but hey what about belle...sheesh the older sister always gets left out when the baby comes home

Sitting In Silence said...

I cant believe how much she has grown....still adorable I tell you....just adorable...

Dodi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Garity said...

Hey Aimee!
I found you through Ganelle's blog. I just had the best laugh of the whole week reading your blog. You are a fantastic writer! I think I'm going to be a regular!
Send me your e-mail address if you'd like, kgline@cox.net, and I'll add you to my blog list (I have had to have our blog set to private because we have been overseas and yada yada yada, it's a long story with the whole embassy security recomendations etc...) That e-mail is a spam-catcher one we use for online stuff but I'll send you my regular one in a reply. Are you still in Parkview ward?