Friday, June 20, 2008

Dude!

This blog is a tribute to Vern and her "Dude, I'm stoked" blog seen here.

I was helping out in DS's second grade class, and all I heard from the boys was:
"Dude, you know what he said?"
"Dude?"
"Dude!"

So being the mom I am, I starting harassing them by joining in on their conversation. I didn't need to know what they were actually talking about, I just kept saying "Dude!". It had the opposite effect I wanted, my joining the conversation only spurred them on.

DS has been teaching DD the finer art of conversing with other children. They were actually getting along one day last week and I overheard the following conversation.

DD: That's sweet. (Referring to something DS had)
DS: It's not sweet, it's sweeeeeet.
DD: Oh, that's sweeeeet.
DS: That's better.

When did he become a diction coach?

3 comments:

Vern said...

It kills me when my kids talk cool - my son actually pounds his fist to his chest a couple of times and then flashes me the peace sign and says, "Peace out baby." And we don't even watch MTV.

Aimee said...

I will just laugh in my son's face if he does that. He is just not the gansta kinda guy. I'm sure I will need to save up for therapy.

ganelle said...

My big boys have taught the Caboose the words to "I Like Big Butts."

Yet another reason I'm not mother of the year...