Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Laugh a Minute???

With driving for 10 hours the first day I didn't feel like taking pictures to document our horrendous, er I mean momentous, trip. But perked up on day two. Most are explained!

What a sight! The luggage, I mean. It looks like we're moving out.

As with almost anything concerning DD, the following pictures have to be explained. She had gotten a toy at McDonald's the first day and decided to call her ducky (she is actually a swan - again, do we see a theme and should I start saving now for therapy?). So everyone, except Daddy, because he was cursing at the luggage, had to take "Ducky Cheese" pictures with the swan (aka ducky). We all had to say "Ducky Cheese" and put the ducky (aka swan) to our cheek. It gets very confusing in our house unless you've lived there for an extended period of time!!





Now, since I was confired in a car with my family for an extended period of time, I did what any caring, loving, concerned mom would do. I pulled out pen and paper and wrote down some of the more funnier one liners from DD. There were lots that I was unable to publish. (Then my blog rating would have gone to PG - gasp!)
Walking to the car 2nd day:
DD: "Hear this 'Texaaaaas'."
Me: Trying to ignore her and get into the car. "Okay."
DD: "Does your voice only work in Coloraaaaado?"

DD writing a breakfast list for DS.
On paper is written "Sosh is wofl fot"
I said what is "Sushi is wofi fot?"
In an exasperated voice she said "IT'S Sausage, waffel, fruit. Can't you read?"
Me: "I guess not"

At breakfast while fighting with her brother:
DD to DS: "You're losing my mind!"
We did nothing but giggle which made her more angry.

Finally, our hotel. The kids are very excited about the pool.


I took this one night and thought it turned out really neat!


9 comments:

Martha said...

Looks like a fun hotel to me too!!!! And it means the end of the day for driving, so that alone has to put a smile on everyone's face, right?

Happy Trails...when do you head back this way?

Dodi said...

Where are you? Are you in Texas? IN JULY??????

Your hotel looks fun... and your daughter is cracking me up.

Vern said...

Ooooh, I like that last picture. It makes me feel less like you are losing my mind.

Colleen O said...

you ARE blogging from the road! I'm impressed, (even with the Ducky pictures!) And the slide looks pretty fantastic too!

ganelle said...

WOW! Again, thanks for the confirmation that I was meant to have only boys. (Ducky pictures for all!?!)

Have a great trip!

anty coco said...

I want to know if DNL's Ducky is like my Ducky was (mine was really a ducky)-does it's head go around when you turn the bottom? Don't know if you remember the stories about mine, if not, ask your mother! Too bad I didn't get to see it today. Love, Me

tz said...

that was a nice picture!

Nana said...

It's a DUCK!!!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Amy..Your photos are beautiful, looks like you guy's are having a great time...

Your last photo is amazing...you really have a flair....
xoxo