Monday, February 23, 2009

Do Ladies Wear Polyester?

So it's been a while since I blogged. With facebook and working, it's hard to keep up with everything.

I had to blog on the funnies from the last week.

We were out to eat with my friend who was visiting. It was just Jenn, DD, DS, and me eating at DS's former favorite place to eat, Chili's. She is mad at them because they have taken away the pasta with marinara sauce. They still have Alfredo sauce, but no red sauce. I digress. With all the estrogen, DS decided that he needed to exert his manliness and was very gassy and crude all week. Anyway, in the middle of the meal, I moved on the seat and DS said "Did you fart?" (Yes, we are sooooo PC with a 9 and 7 year old.) I said "No, it must have been you!" (Because I have decided, if you can't beat them, you may as well join them.) Then DD pipes up and says in the most indignant tone she could muster, "I don't fart, I'm a LADY!" Jenn and I giggled for the rest of the meal and the rest of the week about that! Since most of you know DD, you all know HOW much of a lady she actually is.

So to top the week off, or to start the week, however you look at it, we were sitting here watching "The Bee Movie" tonight. To update those who have not seen this movie, we got to the part where all the bees stop working and all the flowers and trees are grey and lifeless. I asked the kids, "Why do all the trees and flowers look like that?" and with all the conviction in the world, she said, "They're not getting polyester." Giggling and trying not to make her feel bad, I corrected her to "pollination" and she said, "Yeah, whatever!". So of course the first thing I did was get on my blog. What else would a candidate for "Mother of the Year" do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel it is my duty as a witness to this event to correct one thing. AFTER DD announced that she didn't fart - with all the dignity a princess can muster - she proceeded to belch like a truck driver. One of those from your toes kind of things. She truly is a lady. Oh, and NO, ladies do not wear polyester - it's a horrible fabric!!!