Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh, oh Sheila!

Yeah, yeah, it's been like forever!! And now I am blogging about my husband.

As we all know, when men (because no woman I know would do this) get to a certain age, they go through a mid-life crisis.

A Mid-life Crisis is defined by Wikipedia as "For the approximately 10% of middle aged adults who go through an age-related midlife crisis, the condition is most common ranging from the ages of 30-60 (a large study in the 1990s found that the average age at onset of a self-described midlife crisis was 46). Midlife crises last about 3–10 years in men and 2–5 years in women."

Now I will have to give my DH a little credit. He has not has an affair (that I know of). He has not gone out to purchase a little sports car (and if has, he better share). He has not taken to drinking excessively (no comment needed). He has not started coloring his hair (unless he's coloring it grey).

He did however, get a wild hair about getting a motorcycle. I am fine with a motorcycle as long as he takes the precautions necessary for riding a motorcycle. He took the class and we went shopping for the mistress in question:

My dear friend and fellow motorcycle widow, informed me that we (the family) get to name the new mistress. While DH and the DH of my fellow widow were riding on Saturday, we had a chance to discuss names. Now while she is a Japanese make, I couldn't bring myself to name her a name I can't actually pronounce. So since I agree with my best friend and I think life should come with background music, we named her Sheila, as in Oh Sheila by Ready For The World.

No comments: