Thursday, November 5, 2009

Three Days of Thankfulness

Sadly, I've already fallen behind in my thankfulness.

The past three days I've been a little hard pressed but here it goes:

November 3rd
This weekend, I did something to my back (actually my neck with radiating pain down to my hip - but now I'm getting technical). I finally got an appointment with my chiropractor. I really wanted acupuncture (yes, I'm nuts, but it's addictive) but he said no. I had a lot of inflamation and it would have made the adjustments more painful.

Result: I am thankful for a chiropractor who knows how far to push me and my joints.

November 4th
I was invited to a jewerly party tonight. I talked to the hostess several times during the day. Saw her when I picked up my kids and told her I would see her at 7pm. 7pm came and went and I was still at home dealing with an unruly child who was freaking out about homework. At 7:20pm I got a call from the hostess, wondering where I was. I rushed over and had a great time, with me being the butt of many "lateness" jokes. It's okay though, I know my weaknesses.

Result: I am thankful a friend who is my keeper, even though she has her own family to deal with.

November 5th
Same "friend" from above and I decided to get healthy - ha!! We walked, and walked, and walked. After 2.2 miles and 1+ hours, she relented into letting me to take a "shortcut" back to her house. We then sat and talked. A "great" time was had by all.

Result:n I am thankful for being able to walk 2+ miles without actually collapsing!

Added bonus: I am also thankful for the friends I have weather or not they realize it.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Come on...you are doing GREAT!
It is good for the soul to pause and reflect on the positive instead of the daily annoyances!

Colleen O said...

You're doing better than me, although I have been thankful on facebook.

Hey! Should I be worried about you? I called your cell phone the other day and you didn't immediately pick up (which you always do) I'm afraid you've run off to join a different circus!