Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm way too old for this...

Looking at the times my friends commented on my last blog, I not only feel inadequate, I also feel very old. I was fast asleep when everyone was looking at my blog. It's been tough coming back from my vacation, but I'm still not up at 5am, even on my best days.

The last week has been interesting to say the least. The highlight, well at least the most interesting, being getting braces. Yes, on Friday I "bit the bullet" (no pun intended) and got braces to fix my bite, and hopefully save my molars from impending doom. My friends and family have had a good ole' time with this one. Funny enough though, the ones that are the most sympathizing are not the ones who have had braces. I have been called train tracks, metal mouth, tin grin to name a few, most from my loving and "understanding" husband who, in his prime, had braces. Even some kids in Andrew's class have jumped on the band wagon, not to mention any names (Lauren) !!! It's all in good fun (I think) . This regression into teenagedom has not had quite the effect I was looking for. I was hoping that this would be a great, if not an expensive, weight loss program. Much to my dismay, I still am eating, just not as enthusiastically, as I once did. I have to stay away from some of the healthier foods such as any raw vegtable, hard candy and gooy stuff. I didn't know how tough teenagers had it when faced with braces. No wonder they are all the size they are!!

Pictures of my trip are coming. I just need to get the camera and computer in the same room. But rest assured, that there will be NO pictures of my new and yet to be improved smile. So much for those lovely 40th birthday pictures next year. Gee I bet eveyone is upset about that!!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Well, it wasn't ME making the silly comments...because i've missed seeing your new smile.

See, updating the blog..is easy compared to the bombardments of nagging you get when you don't! :)

tz said...

you look great! and the braces make you look YOUNGER! and look 530pm, much more reasonable time!