Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh, the tales I could tell...

Since I have been receiving harassing e-mails and chats on my blog, I figured it was time to update. As I have yet to receive any challenges, I will have to just wing it.

I had really been looking forward to some "me time" and scrapbooking with my friends, when I lost my mind and invited not one, but two children to my house for a sleepover. Since I didn't want to win the worst mom/wife of the year, I decided to stick with the sleepover plan and missed the scrapbook night. My husband, man that he is, actually offered to stay with the four, count them four, children. I very graciously declined, not wanting to find the children bound and gagged with duct tape, the dog missing and my husband in the fetal position muttering indistinguishable words.

Chaos ensued. Never, I repeat never, get two big brothers together with two younger sisters, it is never a good combination. The boys harassed the girls and the girls harassed the boys. Actually, it was only MY children harassing each other and trying to show off for their guests. Then as things were starting to calm down, I get this very strange, however appropriate, phone call from the above mentioned friends (all of whom shall read this!!! :) ) having a grand ole time. To be fair, I am really glad they had fun, just really jealous that I wasn't there. That will teach me to not write things down in my calendar. "If it's not in my calendar, it doesn't exist." That's my motto. Sometimes, even when it is in the calendar, it doesn't exist, them I blame it on the kids. Somehow or other, it's always the kids faults. (That will certainly get me "Mother of the Year" - What "mother" I'm not quite sure.)

So as I sit here trying to do the program for church tomorrow (notice it's 11pm) I will leave you with this thought:

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm."

2 comments:

tz said...

oh i like that quote! we missed you too!

Colleen O said...

ring ring - Is your refrigerator running?