Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Now the pain begins...

Okay, now that I've started this blog it seems that I will now be obsessing about one thing or another. At this moment in time, my obsession are my braces. They were doing okay until last night and today. Apparently, the inside of my mouth is much more sensitive that I first thought. On Friday, the braces were not sharp at all and I wasn't sure of all the hullabaloo. Literally, they have sharpened themselves overnight and my mouth is beginning to resemble chopped liver. Thank heavens for wax. It has taken up residence on my brackets.

Now, I will be attempting to post some pictures. Of course, being the scrapbooker that I am, I took over 350, but will only highlight the trip. ... Well, that was a bust. The bad thing about having a camera that takes 10 megapixel pictures, is that they are too big to upload. I will have to consult my technical support (ie. my husband) to see what the problem is. Anyway, will still highlight.

Monaco was nice, but the people (being French) were a little stuffy. We had a blast and saw how "the other half" lives. We ate lots of "tiny" food and it was wonderful. We also did a tour of Eze. Eze is a medieval village perched like an eagles nest on a narrow rocky peak overlooking the Mediterranean sea. There were many steps and I got most of the way up.

Ireland was very nice and a lot more relaxed. We went to County Cork and saw the Blarney Stone. We did NOT kiss the Blarney Stone, because how many lips have actually been on the Blarney Stone?!?!?! It was a great time and glad we did it without the kids. But we were very happy to come home.

8 comments:

Martha said...

Ah, you are such a smart young lady. Hubby was told that the locals relieve themselves on the Blarney stone at night. Yep, imagine the germs Tracey could culture off that rock????????????

Watch out, this blogging is addictive. But, it is also a therapeutic way to release the obsessions that we all have on a daily basis!

And for the record, you look cute with your braces!

tz said...

So now I have this image of a bunch of drunk Irish men peeing on a stone laughing and patting their backs at the stupid tourists who will kiss it the next morning.

and yes, aimee, the braces suit you!

Colleen O said...

haha - and I have a picture of TZ with a little swab stick and peitre dish, taking a sample back to the lab!

tz said...

hahaha, so am i swabbing the drunk irish guys or the stone...i vote the irish guys...

ok see aimee one of the things about blogging is that sometimes your blog stalkers have a conversation w/ or w/out you in your comments section...how fun is that!

Martha said...

I"d swab the stone. Who knows where their dillydinks have been!

tz said...

yeah, i'd certainly double glove!

Colleen O said...

Are you ladies still chatting? Sheesh! (AT, this is another reason for quicker updates. It keeps the idle speculation from your stalkers down to a minimum!!)

AT? Helloooo? Then the taunting begins.

tz said...

that and if you actually come to the scrap events you won't get tipsy crank calls from the other neighborhood mommies---and find out about some truthful and not so truthful speculations on the different neighborhood families...take a look at martha's blog!