Saturday, July 7, 2007

The end of baseball

Well, today was the last game of the season. The team did well and we are proud of them all. They had a great season. They will only be better next year.




Andrew has been doing much better in the last couple games. For some reason , he does much better when my parents are there. Showing off for the grandparents maybe????


Well, all good things must come to an end. After we got home, Andrew and his friends were in his room and then I hear a bloodcurdling scream. Andrew had fallen off the top bunk of his bunk beds. Much to his dismay, I put ice on it and after 30 minutes and he still wouldn't put any pressure on it, we made our way to the emergency room at Parker Adventist.

Not to try to out do the Zimmer family, but two hours and three x-rays later, the doctor determined that he had fractures in his 3rd, 4th, & 5th metatarsals in his left foot. He is now in a hard soled shoe and crutches for the next 4 - 6 weeks. Oh joy, since we are starting school in 3 weeks and going to Ohio in 4 weeks. WOW, how I'm going to love this summer break.


The thing he is most upset about missing is swimming. Oh to only have swimming to worry about. Now I have to figure out how to maneuver him around the house, up the stairs and get him to Intersession. I'll be glad when school starts again. Gee, did I say that????

3 comments:

Martha said...

OUCH!!!
Are you freaking out yet? And if not, why the heck not?????????????????????????????????????

Colleen O said...

Oh no! (He looks pretty proud of himself in the picture though!)

I can almost hear him, "mommy, can I please have another bowl of my favorite ice cream" - insert sad puppy eyes - insert slightly mischievous grin.

(I'll email you about possible kid exchanges.)

tz said...

yikes....so glad we haven't been the only visitors to children's this summer...

AND glad it wasn't jake's fault and it didn't happen here....i would have started getting paranoid. :-)

let me know if you need anything...oh what the heck am i saying...AFTER aug 6th...

no really if it's an emergency i will so help!