Thursday, June 7, 2007

Blogging challenge...



Well, Martha, thanks for the challenge, but I have yet to figure out how to upload my pictures. So we will have to do with some old pictures.

The mosaic website is really cool. Trying to figure out which pictures is the hard part. Now I can say that I have successfully uploaded pictures onto my blog.

My mosaic is a tribute to, our dog, Austin. He passed away about 4 weeks ago from heart failure. He is still in our hearts. We are reminded daily of him and miss him terribly. Bob and I got him in March 1995 and he instantly became part of our family. He has been through all of our ups and downs. We moved him to Colorado, with us, and then we had two children to add to his family and harass him. He accepted both children as soon as they entered the house, even before. following me around while I was pregnant. He was always patient, even when the kids were not. He never let the children out of his sight and always protected them. He had a great disposition and a gentle nature, which is more than I can say about his family. He was always there to lend comfort and to make us smile. He will never be forgotten.

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." — Kahlil Gibran

5 comments:

Colleen O said...

That was a lovely tribute! Bye bye Austin -

tz said...

ahhh, i need to hug hannah now. cute pictures!

Martha said...

Sounds like he was an amazing pal...and what a sweet way to honor his memory.

Colleen O said...

So? Where's Lindsy in her darling ballet costume? ooh - and Andrew too! Did he get a glittery pimp hat? hahaha - oh I hope so!

Colleen O said...

(I'm just jealous!) - neither of mine have ever made it long enough to even order the costumes, let alone put them on for a recital.