Sunday, June 17, 2007

Okay, Okay...

Okay, so for my week. Where did the time go?!?!? I feel like we just got back from Ireland and it's already been 5 weeks.
Monday started out normal enough. Bob had strep throat and ended up staying home the entire week. That alone messes up my whole system, not to mention, keeps me from "my time", which I so value these days. Then, Lindsey had a viral infection that mimics strep throat. Oh what fun, and it was only Monday. Then I get a call from the teachers freaking out about the field trip that we are going on tomorrow. Yes, a whole week in advance. It really irks me, that when I say I'm going to do something, people don't think I can. My thought on this is, that if you don't want me to do it, don't ask and do it yourself. Anyway, that was just the start of my week.
Getting ready for recital for both my kids has been crazy but after nine months of lessons and a 4 hour rehearsal Friday, Saturday was a success. My kids actually danced, unlike some who just stood there and stared out into the audience. So thankfully I didn't have to hear my husband say "And we pay how much money for this?" a second year in a row. They may have been forced to preform for us, so Bob could see that they really do dance (well, sort of).
Lots of other things happened, but I'm not sure I remember everything. It is just a fuzzy haze at this point.
Thought for the day:
How can someone "draw a blank"?

3 comments:

Martha said...

Add "smarty pants" to my list of qualifications..
Among the Oxford English Dictionary's definitions of "blank" as a noun is "A lottery ticket which does not gain a prize." The OED gives quotations beginning in the year 1567 to illustrate that sense, and the last one (year 1824) is from Washington Irving: "When one has drawn a blank

Martha said...

And, now for the words of encouragement. The picnic was a SMASHING success. The communication between home and school was perfect, everyone knew what to bring and it was clearly spelled out. I'm not just playing kiss ass either: You did a great job organizing it and they should just dedicate that energy to figuring out which movie to show next instead of nagging you...
Don't they know that role of nag is being filled by me? Sheesh...

Colleen O said...

Grandma reported that everyone had a wee of a time - everything was great/well organized. And you may not know this, but grandma can be a pretty crabby alpha witch if she's not impressed. Well, she was impressed. (Clear down to the directions printed out for her on the green sheet.)
And she even has time to update her blog! Go Amiee.