Sunday, August 5, 2007

The count down has commenced!! 3...

As Tuesday approaches, my trepidation increases. I'm really not looking forward to our trip. The heat, the in-laws, the running around, the in-laws, dealing with the kids, and oh, did I mention the in-laws? I am however an equal opportunity parent basher. My parents have decided that staying at my house to watch Belle is a good thing, I however, did NOT. So I am cleaning, cleaning, dealing with hyper children and did I mention cleaning???

On our flights out, yes I said flights plural, Bob will have Sir Andrew, the casted lad (thank you Miss Martha for the precisely accurate reference), and I will be with Miss Prissy. Lindsey realized last night that she is coming with me. Oh the joy of being loved. After 20 minutes of crying, yelling and screaming for daddy, I came down out of my room ready to talk to my daughter. (tee hee) Actually she was way bent out of shape about the flight arrangements. So this should be a gleeful 6 hour, three airport excursion.

Some more insight into last week's back to school adventures:

I have to wait out front for Lindsey and Andrew meets me there. I, along with others, are feeling cut off from the pack of community moms. I'm reduced to talking to CS and listening to how Andrew and her daughter are having a "love affair" (her words not mine!!). Somehow I think I got the bottom of the bucket this year. I'd much rather be talking to the coven and dissing those that bug us.

All in all, Andrew and Lindsey did well their first weeks. After all, they only have one more day of school before we leave for two weeks. I'd better not hear any complaining or there will be lots to do on vacation. I have an overabundance of flash cards, books, etc.

If I don't talk to any of you, I will try to blog my vaca, however miserable it may be!!

2 comments:

tz said...

you must blog when on vacation... i'm sure inlaw stories will be entertaining for us and cathartic for you!

Martha said...

I told you: I got your back on any S-T mergers that might try to happen in the coming years. Between my camera catching photographic proof and my willingness to fund an entrapment event (I'll hire the hooker decoy if necessary), ain't no way Lady Lindsey and Sir Andrew will ever merge with them folks...nope, not on my watch!