Thursday, September 27, 2007

Do teachers live at school?

Okay, so I'm not employed full time at any one place. I do, however, dabble (legally) in several positions. One being a substitute TA at the school my children attend. All this means, is that I can be verbally abused by short people under the age of 11 and get paid for it. It is fun most of the time, and I learn the names and faces of the troublemakers. Lindsey will NEVER be remembered by any TA. (Yeah, right.)

Anyway, my children and I were at dinner tonight at a fairly local restaurant. I was actually brave enough to go it alone. Remember, I do not consider my children people. I really need to have them make it through a day without reminding them to wash their hands, keep their elbows off the table, or to put underwear on before I consider them people. Oops, one of my tangents. (See I always write in a stream of consciousness, therefore, that blog challenge was useless!)

Sooooooo, while dining, some of the teachers, from my children's school, came into the restaurant. I knew them by sight and one by name. My son on the other hand knew several of them by name. Oops, maybe that should have been his name up there. Well, they sat right behind us. Lindsey was amazed that they were away from school. She asked the same question for the second time this week.

L - "Do all teachers live at the school?"
Me - "No honey, they live in their own homes?"
L - "How come they are HERE?"
M - "Apparently they are hungry."
L- "Oh, well I guess that is okay."

Andrew was thrilled and kept watching them. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when you live in a relatively small community.

No comments: