Monday, September 17, 2007

Let the party begin

Okay, okay, since my last totally disgusting blog didn't get 17 comments, I will have to update. Darn it all.

I am officially a troop leader for Daises. I have a troop number and everything. The training went as planned. No major faux paus. I tried really hard to keep my opinions to myself. It mostly worked...

The trainer cut herself and I was the only one in the room with band-aids. Are you kidding, a room full of potential leaders (and moms) and I was the only one willing to admit that my kids are big klutzes and that is why I carry a mini first aid kit in my purse. What would they say to the two, yes two, full First Aid kits I have in the car. So, anyway, the trainer was so impressed that she showed the whole class. She said that she didn't have anything like that, and I of course said, "And you call yourself a Girl Scout." Luckily, SHE had a sense of humor. I got my Troop number after the training, so it couldn't have been that bad, right?!?!?

Wish me and Colleen luck!!

10 comments:

tz said...

so what's your troop number? based on the 17 comment blog entry...13?

congrats and good luck to you and colleen ---

Martha said...

Or maybe 6.6.6.???

And we're off again...

Aimee said...

Ladies, ladies, oh yea of little faith. I do not assign the troop numbers. I get them from the non-humorous people. And, Martha, we may be teaching Wiccan, we are not, however promoting devil worship.

Martha said...

I know, but apparently it isn't just the devils that have cornered the market on #6...

copied from www.goodwiccan.com

Basic Wiccan Tools and Symbols – Numerology
Rituals are often performed in increments of three (or six and nine). Three represents the balance of mind-body-spirit and the Goddess Incarnations (See Holy Days to Observe). It also pertains to the Threefold Law, a karmic law governing Wiccan practice. Whatever you do or send out to the world, good or bad, will come back to you three times over.

Martha said...

And hey...how'd you get that tag line calling us the peanut gallery????????? I'll have you know...i resemble that comment!
er, resent, yeah, resent that comment/observation.

tz said...

those wiccans have some pretty healthy relationships with numbers...

and well...hmmm how many five year old girls? It could be a devilish of a time...

hahaha, i crack myself up sometimes.

Dodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dodi said...

Numerology Rituals are often performed in increments of three (or six and nine). (quoted from Marth'a post)

Wouldn't it be funny if the powers-that-be christened them TROOP 69!

I would laugh and laugh!


(And I deleted that last post because I switched what I was writing halfway through and made no sense. Yea me!)

Aimee said...

Our Troop Number is 2688. Only one six and that might be a good thing. Ya'll are going to make me more paranoid than I already am. I am doing my best!!!

Colleen O said...

2866 - It's a catchy number. Isn't there some blog testing game that can tell us what it REALLY means?

And MC, do you want to come be a speaker for the Wiccan activity Aimee already has planned?