Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!

Today is my baby's sixth birthday. I'm feeling very sappy today. She felt better this morning than she has in the last two weeks. He had a good day, played nicely with her brother, got lots of girlie stuff, and we had Nana and Gramps over. We went to dinner and she started feeling worse. Poor baby, she put up a good front but ended up going to sleep on her Nana's lap.

She's always done things her own way. It started from the beginning, I was due to be induced with her on February 25, 2002. I had figured my due date as the 25th, and begged my OB/GYN to induce even though she said I had another week. Andrew had been three weeks early, so I was more than ready.

On Saturday, we had decided to go to church the following day. I had been in the hospital two times with "false labor" pains. (I really didn't consider them false.) Early on Sunday, I had pains that I contributed to the "false labor" since I was going to be induced on Monday. She obviously had her own plans. She arrived on Sunday at 2:05pm. I should have known that she would be doing things her way, not mine.

I love to sit with her, she loves to snuggle. She can be caring to others in pain or those upset. She has been known to "mother" other children, that are complete strangers, that have been hurt. Even though she can be difficult, she is a sweet little girl.

4 comments:

tz said...

happy bday lindsey
dig your new look fyi

Aimee said...

Thanks! I didn't want to look like Martha anymore.

Colleen O said...

poor little pumpkin! Happy Birthday L

Sitting In Silence said...

Wow, Another Birthday.....

Happy Birthday L, hope you had a wonderful day and are feeling better soon.

Enjoy your special day.

x