Monday, January 5, 2009

Down in the Jungle Room

With all this talk of people of the male persuasion and all that entails, I am reminded of "Walking in Memphis"

"....Waiting for the King
Down in the Jungle Room

They've got catfish on the table
They've got gospel in the air.... "

Yes, ladies I have come into my own. However, I feel that I do need to defend my character. While Cary Elwes is only 46 (and by the way, I am MUCH younger than that), I do also find several other "older" men attractive such as:
Nicholas Cage who is 44. Now his is not a "classic beauty", but his preformance in "Face Off", well anything really, has to be commended. And he can sport a duster for my anyday!! (I tried to find a clip of him getting out of the car at the airport, but couldn't.)


Keanu Reeves is also 44. Patrick Swayze at 56 is nothing to sneeze at considering what he has been through.

I have been "crushing" on Keanu since "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure". Yes, I AM that old.


The duster I referred to earlier, mmmm baby!!




Val Kilmer who is 49. Since I love comedies, I have to say that some of my other favorite movies are "Real Genius" and "Top Secret". Also, who could forget him in the ever lovable role of Lt. Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky from "Top Gun". He, however, has not aged well. (Picture from 1986)

Yes, I looked almost this good when I graduated, but we've all seen what happened to that!! I could never pull off the Flight Suit motiff, but you get the idea.

And who could leave out........

Sean Connery who at 78 is still hot.



He can even sport a fedora and a goatee and still be hot!!!

4 comments:

Vern said...

Bill and Ted!! I thought I was the only one who watched that movie. And while it makes me feel ancient to say so, totally with you on Sean Connery. He has always had sex appeal!

ganelle said...

I'm ALLLLL about Val Kilmer during the volleyball scene in Top Gun. WOW!!! Now THAT is eye candy!

Not so much Nicolas Cage though, and Keanur, depends on the movie...

Aimee said...

And it's sad that the two of you are checking my blog this late!!! Vern - I still love Bill and Ted. Cracks me up everytime!!

FOX said...

Dude, Val Kilmer looks hot in that picture!!! Ice please!!!